Insurance cover options for executives, professionals and mostly office-based employees
At Cbus, we understand the risks of working in the building, construction and allied industries, that’s why our insurance has catered to the needs of people working in these industries since our beginning in 1984.
The introduction of Corporate Super means that more members can have insurance tailored to their industry and occupation.
Executives, professionals and mostly office-based employees will have access to better suited death, total and permanent disablement (TPD) cover and income protection as part of Cbus Corporate Super – with all the same great benefits of Cbus Industry Super. You’ll need a minimum of 501 eligible employees to join.
It is important to note that employees won’t receive automatic insurance cover if they’re under 25 years of age or have less than $6,000 in their account, unless they have elected to have cover.
With Cbus Corporate Super, your business will benefit from:
- flexible insurance options – choose from three insurance designs to meet the needs of your employees
- easy super administration – SuperStream approved payment systems available
- dedicated relationship managers – to assist with your super obligations
And, your employees will benefit from:
- a history of strong long-term investment performance with an average annual return2 of 8.98% p.a over the last 36 years, as at 30 June 2020 for the Growth (Cbus MySuper) option
- competitive premiums for death and total and permanent disablement (TPD) cover3
- automatic income protection4
- tailored education information sessions and access to financial advice
- Cbus partners offer mental health and wellbeing courses, tools and resources
We cater to our industry
We offer insurance cover options to meet our members’ needs, whether they spend most of their time in an office environment or undertake limited manual work.5
Our occupation categories are based on the duties performed so that members can benefit from more competitive premiums according to their role. For more information on each of the occupation categories, see the relevant Product Discloser Statement (PDS) on our website.
1To be eligible for membership of Corporate Super your employees must meet one of the occupation categories, plus certain other conditions as set out in the Policy. If the number of employees who are members of Cbus Corporate Super falls below 30 insured members on 1 July of any year, you and your employees will be transferred to Cbus Industry Super.
2Since inception to 30 June 2020, based on the crediting rate, which is the return minus investment fees, taxes, and until 31 January 2020, the percentage-based administration fee.
3Competitive Group Life Premiums based on a comparative assessment by The Heron Partnership in August 2019.
4To be eligible for income protection, it must be part of the chosen insurance design and employees must be working at least 15 hours or more per week. By law, members won’t receive automatic insurance cover if they’re under 25 years of age or have less than $6,000 in their account, unless they have elected to have cover.
5Less than 20% of your job involves manual or physical work