Important things to consider before rolling over your super to Cbus

We want to make sure you've got all the relevant information you need before you make the decision of rolling over to our award winning super fund.

1. Fees and charges

We work to keep all fees and charges as low as possible as we're built to benefit members.

tradies in line

It’s important for you to understand what fees apply to your super account before rolling over to Cbus. Our fees and charges are competitive, and all our profits go to our members, not shareholders.


Different types of fees and charges can apply to super funds such as:


  • contribution fees (not applicable to Cbus)
  • ongoing fees such as administration, trustee and expense recovery
  • exit fees (applicable to Cbus) or penalties (not applicable to Cbus)
  • investment management fees
  • buy and/or sell and/or switching fees (not applicable to Cbus core options)
  • financial planner fees/payments (only applicable for Cbus members for personal financial advice services authorized by the member and Cbus through the Cbus & FPA Member Referral Program). 

So, before considering a rollover compare the fees from your current super account to those at Cbus. View our detailed fees and costs factsheet (PDF) to help you make an informed decision.

2. Investment options and performance

We offer a wide range of investment options to suit all comfort levels and a significant amount of flexibility.

tradies in line

Investment options and performance are important when you're thinking of moving funds. We have a history of strong, long-term performance with our Growth (Cbus MySuper) option returning an average of 9.29% p.a. over the last 34 years to 30 June 2018.


The investment options we offer are:


  • Cash
  • Conservative
  • Conservative Growth
  • Growth (Cbus MySuper)
  • High Growth
  • Cbus Self Managed (e.g. listed shares, term deposits, ETFs, property and infrastructure options).

View our investment options and compare them with the options that your current super provider is offering.*


* Investment returns can go up and down. Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.

3. Insurance options

We offer comprehensive insurance options that can be tailored to meet your needs and personal situation.

tradies in line

Personal insurance can be an important inclusion to your super account so you need to be aware of any insurance arrangements that may be lost by rolling over your existing super to Cbus.


The types and amount of insurance cover we offer will be based on the type of work you do and may include:


  • Death cover
  • Total and Permanent Disablement (TPD) cover
  • Income Protection cover (for Professional and Non-Manual occupations only).

Most members qualify for our default level of Death and TPD cover. However, we also offer eligible members access to higher levels of insurance cover to suit their circumstances, subject to additional underwriting.


So, before rolling over to Cbus just check if your current insurance type and amount of cover is offered by us, and compare our insurance definitions and premiums with those of your current insurance provider.

4. Member services

We provide a comprehensive range of member services to help you stay in control of your super.

tradies in line

Our members are at the heart of everything we do. Enjoy the following Cbus member services that continuously provide you with quality support and information:


  • front counter to assist you with your questions, e.g. new applications, withdrawals, rollovers and insurance claims
  • phone and email support for administration queries
  • assistance through our workplace coordinators when you need more guidance or help with forms  
  • member seminars, workplace programs and various regular publications.

So, feel free to compare the benefits we offer (PDF) with those of your current super provider before rolling over your super.

5. Financial advice

We provide member access to a wide range of advice services.

tradies in line

Regulated super funds can provide certain limited financial advice services as part of your membership. As a Cbus member you can exclusively access Cbus Advice Services to get help with:


  • general information and guidance on super and financial planning matters
  • personal financial advice on Cbus super matters only, e.g. investment options, contributions, retirement income
  • referral to an accredited  FPA Professional Practice - CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER (CFP®) if you require more complex or comprehensive personal financial advice.*

Here's a more detailed summary of our advice services including the best ways to get in touch with our advisers when you're a member.



*Cbus & FPA Member Referral Program

All participating FPA Professional Practices meet strict service qualification and monitoring criteria as set by Cbus and the FPA. This personal financial advice includes: advice provided by CFP® practitioners only; face-to-face meetings at the financial planner's office; no cost for the initial 'fact-finding' meeting; advice is provided on a fee-for-service basis (i.e. no sales commissions).


The Financial Planning Association (FPA) is one of the peak bodies representing financial planners in Australia. FPA Professional Practices and CFP® practitioners are recognised as leaders in financial planning professionalism. Advice provided by an FPA Professional Practice - CFP® is provided under their AFSL. The financial planner will provide this information to you. Just like any other professional service, it is solely your decision to request, approve and receive personal financial advice. This may include 1. an initial Statement of Advice and help with the implementation of advice recommendations, and/or 2. an ongoing personal financial advice service to review, monitor and report on your financial situation. Both of these services require signed approval from you/your partner to proceed. Many members/partners seek personal financial advice to set up and implement their retirement planning arrangements through the initial Statement of Advice and, at times, may choose and require an ongoing review, monitoring and reporting service if necessary. Other members/partners may not require an ongoing financial advice review, monitoring and reporting service – the choice is yours.

Need to speak to us before rolling over your existing super? We're here to help.

Call Cbus Advice Services on 1300 361 784

Press 4 to be connected

8am to 8pm Monday to Friday AEST/AEDT



Or use our online form to request a call from Advice Services.

Read our Financial Services Guide (PDF).

Ready to roll over your existing super to us? It's easy and won't take you long.

Just follow the steps outlined in our form. You'll need to have the details of your current Super fund(s) available.

You can also roll over your super online.

You'll need a Cbus member account, your Tax File Number (TFN) and any other member numbers for your other funds.

Roll over your super