I was an EISS Pension member
Was I sent any communications to show my EISS Pension account was transferred to Cbus Super?
You were sent an exit statement from EISS Super in May 2023 showing your final account balance (which was transferred to your new Cbus Super Income Stream account) and any transactions or withdrawals made from 1 July 2022 up until the merger date.
What changes were made when my EISS Pension account transferred to Cbus Super?
- Your member number changed and you use a the Cbus Super website to log into your online account
- You’ll need to set up a new third party authority with us (if you want one in place)
- Your contact details were transferred (including email address) however your communications preferences (e.g. whether you like to receive things like statements, important updates and marketing by email or post) did not transfer across.
There were also some changes to fees, investments, and pension payment dates.
What stayed the same with my Cbus Super Income Stream account?
- If you nominated a beneficiary, your beneficiary arrangements were transferred to your new Cbus Super Income Stream account
- Your power of attorney (if you had one) was transferred to your new Cbus Super Income Stream account
- If you’re aged under 60 and had made an election to claim the tax-free threshold, this was transferred to Cbus Super. If you’re over age 60, your payments are tax free so this isn’t relevant to you.
Is there a Cbus Super mobile app?
Yes, the Cbus app lets you manage everything about your super quickly and easily on the go. You can download it from the App Store or Google Play.
Your welcome letter from us included your member number for accessing your online account and the Cbus app. If you can’t find your letter, you can call our helpline on 1300 361 784 to ask for your member number.
What fees do I pay with Cbus Super?
Details about the fees and costs for your Cbus Super Income Stream (pension) account are in the PDS. This includes the details for all investment options and how and when fees and costs are deducted from your account.
How is my Cbus Super Income Stream account invested?
The former EISS Pension and Cbus Super Income Stream investment options were not identical. As such, when your account balance was transferred to Cbus Super, it was invested in the investment option or options that most closely matched your prior EISS Pension investment choice.
If you were previously invested in the EISS Pension Conservative or Conservative Balanced option, your investment was transferred into two different Cbus Super Income Stream investment options as shown in the table on page 11 of your significant event notice, which EISS Super sent to you in March.
You can read more information about your Cbus Super Income Stream investment options on our Retirement investment options webpage.
Where can I find more information about Cbus Super’s investment options and performance?
You can read more information on our Retirement investment options webpage.
(Please note that the Cbus Self Managed option is not available for transition to retirement [TTR] members.)
Details of previous investment performance are available at:
Can I change my investment options?
Yes, you can choose to stay with your current investment option(s) or change options.
Cbus Super offers more investment choice than EISS Super did, so you now have access to a greater number of investment options in which you can invest your new Cbus Super Income Stream account. Read pages 11 to 12 of your significant event notice for details.
More information is also available on our Retirement investment options webpage.
(Please note that the Cbus Self Managed option is not available for transition to retirement [TTR] members.