Cbus wins Chant West’s Best Fund Integrity and Specialist Fund of the Year
Cbus is honoured to win the awards for Best Fund: Integrity for the second year in a row and Specialist Fund for the third year in a row at the 2022 Chant West Super Fund Awards*.
The awards once again recognised Cbus’ outstanding work as the leading industry super fund for the building, construction and allied industries. The awards highlighted Cbus’ provision of benefits and services for members with unique or specialised needs. And how the Fund is doing the right thing for members focussing on disclosure, providing an integrated annual report that clearly shows how the fund is delivering on its promises, and advocating for default insurance for members in hazardous work.
Cbus CEO Justin Arter said, “We thank Chant West for recognising once again the specialised and bespoke nature of Cbus as the leading fund for our sector, and for recognising our focus on integrity and disclosure.
“It’s tremendous recognition for Cbus’ Investment team with Chant West singling out our approach to responsible investing and meeting of sustainability goals. Our advocacy for our members’ insurance was recognised – which has been so vital for our members in hazardous occupations. The Fund’s introduction of a mental impairment clause to provide more clarity for members claiming TPD (under the Everyday Work Activities test) due to mental illness was also acknowledged.”
The Fund was thrilled to be shortlisted in the top two for Best Fund: Responsible Investment, a new category. Chant West spoke highly of our leadership in the RI space and our integration of RI into assessments of listed companies and direct private assets. Cbus was shortlisted for Best Fund: Investments with the awards singling out Cbus Chief Investment Officer Kristian Fok for building the Fund’s strong investment capability with an experienced, high calibre investment team. Cbus is the fund that links our members with our investment practices and supports investments in the built environment with the awards recognising Cbus Property as a key differentiator.
Mr Arter said, “The theme of this year’s Chant West awards was ‘raising the bar’, acknowledging funds that keep raising the bar to drive better outcomes for their members. We put members at the heart of everything we do and it’s why we are one of the most trusted funds in Australia.”
The awards noted many of Cbus’ recent achievements in regard to integrity and specialist fund services:
- Cbus successfully advocating to be able to continue to offer default insurance to young members given the hazardous conditions of work in their sector;
- A dedicated team of coordinators who regularly meet with members on worksites, supporting them with their super;
- Brochures published in a range of different languages and provision of translation services over the phone to cater for our diverse membership;
- The Fund’s contribution collection process recovering $100 million of unpaid super in the 2021 financial year;
- How Cbus’ dedicated sustainability section of our website explains in detail our approach to responsible investing and the Annual Integrated Report clearly showing how the Fund is meeting sustainability goals;
- The Cbus Annual Integrated Report communicating how the Fund delivers on promises across areas such as member and employer satisfaction, member engagement, risk management, complaints and insurance claims.
Cbus was also a finalist in the following categories:
- Super Fund Of The Year 2022
- Pension Fund Of The Year 2022
- Best Fund: Investments 2022 (shortlisted top four)
- Best Fund: Responsible Investment 2022 (new category, shortlisted top two)
Media enquiries: Elisabeth Bowdler, 0412 112 374, firstname.lastname@example.org
*For further information about the methodology used by Chant West, see chantwest.com.au.
This information is about Cbus and doesn’t take into account your specific needs. You should look at your own financial position, objectives and requirements before making any financial decisions. Refer to Cbus Product Disclosure Statement, Target Market Determination and Financial Services Guide for more information. Call 1300 361 784 or visit cbussuper.com.au for a copy.
Cbus is the leading Industry Super Fund for the building, construction and allied industries. As one of Australia’s largest super funds, we provide superannuation and income stream accounts to more than 778,000 members and we manage over $68 billion of our members’ money (as at 31 December 2021). Our members include workers and retirees, their families and employers. As of April 2022, Media Super is now a division of Cbus, offering Media Super products. For more than 30 years Media Super has been the industry super fund for Print, Media, Entertainment and Arts, and broader creative industries. At 31 December 2021 Media Super provided superannuation and retirement accounts to 72,000 members and managed $7 billion.
Issued 26th May 2022, Cbus’ Trustee: United Super Pty Ltd ABN 46 006 261 623 AFSL 233792 Trustee for Cbus ABN 75 493 363 262.