Get answers to some of our commonly asked questions.

Member FAQs

What is Cbus' ABN?

The Cbus Fund ABN is 75 493 363 262.

You may need this number if you want to consolidate your super from another fund into Cbus.

The Trustee ABN is 46 006 261 623.

What is Cbus' Unique Superannuation Identifier (USI)/ Superannuation Product Identification Number (SPIN)?

The Cbus USI / SPIN is CBU0100AU.

You may need this number to consolidate your super online.

If you are an employer, you may need it to make contributions.

Super Income Stream (SIS) members:

The Cbus SIS USI / SPIN is 75493363262001.


Who can join Cbus?

Anyone can join Cbus. You don't have to work in the building and construction industry.

Joining us is easy and you can do it online.

Why choose Cbus?
  • we're run only to benefit members - we're an industry fund, so all the benefits go straight back to you
  • we have flexible investment options, with a history of strong, long term performance*
  • we offer competitive fees
  • we have a dedicated advice team offering support that's in your best interests.

Find out more about joining us.  

*Past performance is not a reliable indicator of future performance.

How do I access my account online?

How to create an online account

Stay on top of your super by creating a secure online Cbus account.

Request an activation email - for members who joined Cbus online but have not yet created an online account.

Register for your online account - for members who joined Cbus via their employer.

Where to find your member number

You can find your member number on your:

  • Cbus member card

  • Annual statement

  • Record of contributions (also called your super summary).

How to reset your password

If you don't know your online account password, you can fill in your details, and we’ll email you a temporary password:

Member Online requests – for members still building their super or for those receiving regular payments via an income scream.

Employer Online requests - for employers managing their super payments online.

How to download the mobile app

For quick and easy access to your super, download the Cbus mobile app. You will need to enter your login credentials once you have downloaded the app.

Where do I find my member number?

You can find your member number by using our Find my member number online tool.

Alternatively, you can find it on your:

  • Cbus member card
  • annual statement
  • record of contributions (also called your super summary).

What do I do if I've forgotten my password or account login details?

If you don't know your online account password, you can fill in your details and we’ll email you a temporary password:

Member Online request password – for members still building their super.

Income Stream account request password - for members who are receiving regular payments via transition to retirement or super income stream.

I've lost my member card. How do I get a new one?

If you have lost your Cbus member card, you can call us on 1300 361 784 to request a new one.

You will be asked several questions about yourself first, so we can identify you as the account holder.

I have a new job. What do I need to do?

Changing jobs doesn’t mean you have to change super funds. 

To stick with Cbus, all you have to do is fill in the I want my super paid into Cbus form and hand it to your new employer. Or they may give you a different form you can use to choose where you’d like your super to go.

If you don’t tell your employer you want to stay with Cbus, they may pay your super into a different fund, which may not be right for you. 

Keep your super with Cbus

How do I consolidate my super from other funds into my Cbus account?

The more funds you have, the more fees you pay. So, it’s important to consider consolidating your super. One fund means one set of fees and it’s easier to keep track of everything. Before consolidating your super into your Cbus account, make sure you have all the relevant information on hand. View our checklist.

To consolidate your super:

Online Post Call

Locating your other super accounts is easy. Login to your online account and search for your super with the ATO using your Tax File Number.

You'll need to verify your identity so have your ID ready.

You can use the Combine your super form (PDF) to:

  • consolidate your super (if you know the details of your other funds) 
  • ask us to search for lost or other super for you.

If you don’t know the details of your other funds you can call us on 1300 361 784 and with your permission we can search for lost or other super for you.

We’ll need to verify it’s you so have your ID handy.

If you’d prefer to search for lost super yourself, you can use the ATO’s myGov service.

If you have a Cbus Super Income Stream, you can’t add funds to your existing account but you can combine other funds with your account balance by starting a new super income stream account. Call us on 1300 361 784 for any questions.

How do I choose the right investment option for me?

Before you make any changes to how your super is invested, it’s important to get financial advice.

The decisions you make now can have an impact on how much money you’ll have later in life. To maximise your super, you’ll need to consider a balance of risk and return that suits you and your stage of life.

As part of your membership, Cbus Advice Services can help you with:

  • choosing your investments
  • completing your Investment choice form.

Read more about the Cbus Advice Services.

I think my employer isn’t paying my super. What can I do?

To check if your super is being paid on time, you can:

  • login to your online account any time to check you are receiving your contributions
  • call us on 1300 361 784, Monday – Friday 8am – 8pm (AEST/AEDT)
  • ask your employer which fund they are paying your super into (it may not be Cbus), how much they are paying and how often. It’s important to check with your employer that all you super details are correct
  • speak to your Cbus Coordinator - they can quickly check if your employer is making their contributions.

Read more about unpaid employer contributions.

Can I access my super before I retire?

Super is generally 'preserved' in your fund until you retire from the workforce.

See question below for more details about preservation age.

In the following circumstances Government legislation allows for the early release of preserved super benefits before your reach your preservation age:

  • severe financial hardship
  • compassionate grounds (including permanent incapacity and terminal medical conditions)
  • permanently departing from Australia, having been a temporary resident
  • if you’re eligible for a transition to retirement income stream, you can access a regular income without permanently leaving the workforce

Members must meet government eligibility criteria before a payment can be made in these circumstances.

Read more about accessing my super.

Read more about transition to retirement.

What’s my preservation age?

From 1 July 2024, you are of preservation age if you are at least 60 years of age.

What is a super income stream account?

An income stream uses the money you've saved in super to pay you a regular, flexible and tax-effective income during your final years of work and into retirement.

Read more about Cbus Super Income Stream.

Can I stay with Cbus in retirement?

If you’re already a Cbus member, it’s easy to stay with us in retirement. Your existing Cbus account can be transferred to the Cbus Super Income Stream.

And if you’re new to Cbus, it’s equally simple to join.

Cbus Super Income Stream offers:

  • competitive fees with no entry fees
  • a flexible and easy to understand range of investment options
  • flexible drawdown payments made straight to your bank account
  • personalised customer service including online services
  • access to retirement seminars and financial advice.

Read more about Cbus Super Income Stream.

Will my super account affect my Centrelink benefit?

Your Centrelink benefit can be affected by:

  • your age
  • whether you have a super account or a super income stream account
  • the balance in your account.

Our Cbus Advice Services can explain how your super may affect your Centrelink benefit and help get you on the right track.

What happens to my super when I die?

You can choose who gets your super when you die by nominating a beneficiary.

If you’re eligible, you can make one of three types of nomination:

1. Binding

You get to choose the people who receive your super benefits. This ensures the balance of your super account, plus any insurance benefit, is paid to the right person. A binding nomination is valid for three years from the date of signing the nomination.

2. Non-Binding

You may also nominate beneficiaries. However, Cbus will make the decision on who gets your super benefits under Cbus’ Trust Deed and relevant law taking into account the people you have chosen.

3. Reversionary

When you open a Cbus Super Income Stream account, you can nominate a beneficiary to receive payments as continued income when you die. You're unable to change or remove your beneficiary on this account.

Read more about nominating beneficiaries.

Can I transfer a UK pension to Cbus?

Since April 2015, Cbus can no longer accept UK pension transfers due to changes the United Kingdom made to its laws.

Read more about UK pension transfers.

We recommend you contact your licensed financial adviser in Australia or the UK.

Or call us on 1300 361 784.

Can I get advice from Cbus about my super?

As part of your Cbus membership, you have access to a team of financial advisers.

The Cbus Advice Services can provide you with advice over the phone about:

  • our range of superannuation and income stream products
  • choosing an investment option that’s right for you
  • contribution strategies including salary sacrifice and personal contributions
  • choosing the most appropriate insurance cover
  • deciding who gets your super when you die by nominating beneficiaries
  • planning the best ways to maximise your super for retirement.

We also run a series of retirement planning seminars, and if you'd like more comprehensive financial advice we can refer you to an accredited financial planner. 

How can I make a complaint?

Contact Cbus with your complaint.

  • Call us 1300 361 784, Monday – Friday 8am – 8pm (AEST/AEDT)
  • Online: submit a complaint form
  • Mail to: Cbus, PO Box 24231, Melbourne 3001

See complaints for more information.

Does Cbus have Live Chat?

Yes, Cbus does.

Log in to your account to start a secure online conversation via the chatbot.

The Live Chat service operates 9-5, Monday to Friday (AEDT).

You can chat with a Cbus representative in real time who can assist with your query.

How do I access my super?

To access your superannuation, you can choose from multiple options based on your circumstances.

Some of these include early release on compassionate grounds, reaching preservation age, and retiring.

Read more about accessing your super.

Where can I access forms?

Cbus Product Disclosure Statements (PDS), handbooks, forms and fact sheets are available for download. View our Forms and publications page to get started.

Employer FAQs

How do join as an employer?

You can join Cbus as an employer through our online application form.

Does it cost anything to join as an employer?

There’s no cost to your business to join Cbus or to use our online payment system. And it’s quick and easy to join online.

Read the terms and conditions of joining Cbus as an employer in the Employer handbook (PDF)

Our team can talk you through the benefits of joining, and answer any questions you might have.

Call us on 1300 361 784 or send us your details and a member of our team will be in touch shortly.

How do I reset my password for Employer Online?

To reset your password, select the ‘Forgot password’ link from the Employer Online login page.

How do I add, remove or update the authorised contact on our Cbus employer account?

All contacts can be easily managed in Employer Online by selecting Employer and then Contacts once you have logged into your account.

Alternatively, you can provide Cbus with the details of your change to authorised contact details on official company letterhead, which you’ll then need to scan and email to cbusenq@cbussuper.com.au.

Account administration

I’m trying to pay super for my employee into Cbus, but I don't have their member number. How do I check their Cbus member details?

Any authorised staff member at your business can call us on 1300 361 784 and answer a few security questions to verify the employee’s identity in the system. The member details will then be released.

How do I order member PDS documents or other member forms for my employees?

Call our dedicated service team on 1300 361 784 to place your request for printed material. Or download industry super documents from forms and publications.

If I’m a sole trader where can I find out more about making super contributions?

If you’re running your own business as a sole trader, you can find everything you need to know about joining Cbus and making super contributions in our Sole Trader PDS (PDF).

How do I add, remove or update the authorised contact on our Cbus employer account?

Simply call Cbus on 1300 361 784 and supply verbal authorisation for the change of details via a ‘voice contract’ over the phone. Alternatively, you can provide Cbus with the details of your change in authorised contact details on official company letterhead, scanned and emailed to cbusenq@cbussuper.com.au.

Cbus Clearing House (QuickSuper)

What is the Cbus Clearing House?

Cbus Clearing House (QuickSuper) is a SuperStream compliant online system which is provided by Westpac Banking Corporation ACN 007457141 AFSL 233714 for Cbus employers.  It allows you to submit your super contributions to multiple super funds (including Cbus) using one data file and one payment. Cbus Clearing House (QuickSuper) then distributes payments to Cbus members' accounts, and to funds outside of Cbus, on your behalf.

How does Cbus Clearing House work?

If some of your employees have selected a fund other than Cbus, the Cbus Clearing House can save you time by removing the need for multiple payments. 

Here’s an example:

Cbus is the default fund for your company. You need to pay super into Cbus for 15 employees, and 5 employees want their super to be paid into five different super funds.

Instead of making super contributions into Cbus, plus five other individual super funds, the Cbus Clearing House allows you to pay just once using one simple system. Cbus Clearing House (QuickSuper) then distributes the payments and instructions to the other funds on your behalf. 

Is Cbus Clearing House free?

Yes, Cbus employers can use the Cbus Clearing House at no cost.

Who can use Cbus Clearing House?

Cbus employers can use the Cbus Clearing House.  If you’re not currently a Cbus employer you can easily join online.

How do I start using the Cbus Clearing House?

You will need to be a Cbus employer to access Employer Online. Through Employer Online, you will be able to access the Cbus Clearing House.  

You’ll need to complete the setup of your Cbus Clearing House account before you can start submitting employee super contributions. Login to Employer Online and select ‘Access Cbus Clearing House’ from the ‘Popular Tasks’ menu.

You’ll find everything you need to know about setting up your account in the Clearing House Registration Set-up Guide (PDF).

Why would I use Cbus Clearing House instead of other payment systems?

Cbus Clearing House is integrated into our new Employer Online and provides an easier and more secure way of administering your super than before.  Employer Online provides you with quick and easy access to frequently used Cbus Clearing House functions, improved security, better reporting, and receipts notifications.  Plus, it allows you to make payments to multiple funds in one go.

And, if you ever need support, our Cbus team is just a phone call away.

What if I choose another clearing house?

As a Cbus employer, you can still make your monthly contributions to Cbus through another clearing house service. Just check that the frequency is set to monthly for Cbus contributions to ensure you meet our terms and conditions. If you prefer, you can choose to pay your contributions more frequently than monthly.

Making super payments

I want to submit my contributions quarterly instead of monthly. Why does Cbus require monthly super payments from employers?

It's important that Cbus members receive regular super payments so the money can be allocated to their account and investment earnings can commence as soon as possible.

In addition, employers may be obliged to make contributions more frequently due to EBA or Awards within the construction industry.


How do I get an official receipt for recent super payments?

Through Employer Online, you can obtain official Cbus receipts for payments made in the last two months. Login to Employer Online and select 'Reporting', then 'Receipts'.

If you need a receipt for a period older than two months, call Cbus on 1300 361 784 to request an official receipt.

I’ve made an incorrect payment. How do I request a contribution refund or adjustment?

You can make an adjustment of super payments made to Cbus, such as changing how a payment was allocated or getting a full or part refund of a contribution payment. Only an authorised contact of the employer account can complete a Contribution refund or correction form (PDF).

Didn't find what you were looking for?

Help us keep this page up to date by sending us your feedback. 


This form collects your personal information. Read our Privacy Policy and Personal Information Collection Statement for details on how we collect and disclose personal information or call us on 1300 361 784 for a copy.