We're here to help you.


At Cbus we aim to provide the best service to our members and employers, and resolve any enquiries or issues as effectively as possible.

However, if you’re unhappy with our service or products it’s important we hear from you.

Your complaint will be treated seriously, and investigated fairly and thoroughly. We’re committed to keeping you informed about your complaint and the complaints process.

Who can make a complaint?

  • a member
  • an employer 
  • a beneficiary
  • an executor of a late member’s estate
  • a person who has made a claim on a death benefit.

Read about beneficiaries.

How do I make a complaint?

You can complain in the way that’s most convenient for you – by phone, online, post or in person.


8am-8pm (AEST/AEDT)
Monday to Friday
1300 361 784



Use the form below to submit your complaint.


Cbus Complaints Officer
Cbus, Level 28, 2 Lonsdale St, Melbourne 3000



Front counter service


Open 9am-5pm (local time), Monday to Friday

Level 26, 2 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne

You will need to show ID to access the Melbourne front counter. Your driving licence, passport, Cbus member card or union card are acceptable. 

Get directions - Melbourne front counter


Open 8.30am-4.30pm (local time), Monday to Friday

Level 25, 44 Market Street, Sydney

Get directions - Sydney front counter


Open 8am-4pm (local time), Monday to Friday 

Level 3A, 300 Adelaide Street, Brisbane 

Get directions - Brisbane front counter


Open 9am-5pm (local time), Monday to Friday

Ground floor, 50 Flinders St, Adelaide  

Get directions - Adelaide front counter


Open 8am-4pm (local time), Monday to Friday

Level 1, 82 Royal Street, East Perth

Get directions - Perth front counter

Submit your complaint


This form collects your personal information. Read our Privacy Policy and Personal Information Collection Statement for details on how we collect and disclose personal information or call us on 1300 361 784 for a copy.

How will Cbus handle my complaint?

We’re committed to investigating your complaint and we aim to resolve your concerns as quickly as possible.

You’ll be assigned a dedicated Complaints Resolution Officer who will acknowledge your complaint and summarise your issues. We’ll conduct a fair investigation by reviewing all documentation and we’ll keep you informed about the progress of your complaint.

Once we’ve investigated your complaint we will write to you explaining our decision, the reasons for the decision and any possible resolutions or course of action. 

Some complaints may be complicated and require time to investigate and respond. In most cases complaint responses are provided within much shorter time frames, with the maximum being 90 days for super-related complaints.

For further information about how to make a complaint, read our Complaints fact sheet (PDF).

What if I’m not happy with my complaint response?

Who to contact about super complaints

If you’re not happy with how we’ve handled your issue you can lodge a complaint with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA).

AFCA is an independent dispute resolution body set up by the Federal Government to provide a free, impartial and binding dispute resolution service for financial services.

For more information about the types of complaints that AFCA can deal with and the information you’ll need to provide, contact AFCA:

Who to contact about privacy complaints

If we fail to provide you with a written response to a privacy related complaint within 30 days of the date we received your complaint, or you’re unhappy with our response to your complaint, you can take the matter further with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).

Complaints can be raised with the OAIC online or in writing: