At Cbus, our members are at the heart of everything we do. Fuelled by our pursuit of a shared purpose, we give our members confidence, financial security and dignity in retirement.
Our internships are the perfect opportunity to be part of an award-winning organisation that is genuinely committed to delivering workplace diversity, inclusion and flexible working arrangements as an enabler of our purpose - to act in the best interest of our members and maximise their retirement outcomes.
Like to know more about working with Cbus? Listen to some of our videos with members of the Cbus team on our website.
Who can join?
Our internships are open to anyone with a genuine interest in profit-to-member Industry Super Funds!
Get to know Cbus and the Superannuation and Finance industry while figuring out whether this is the career path you want to pursue.
All applicants must have current rights to work in Australia.
What will you do?
- This is a one-month internship running through January or February.
- You will be exposed to one or multiple departments across the Fund – Investments; People, Technology & Enablement; Finance, Performance & Governance; Brand, Advocacy & Product; Member & Employer Experience; Strategy & Growth.
- Through direct experience, you will apply your life learnings to a practical professional setting.
- You will have the opportunity to network and open doors for potential future opportunities.
- You can benefit from outstanding flexibility and work-life balance, working from our state-of-the-art premises at Wesley Place, Melbourne or Market Street, Sydney (depending on the Internship applied for).
Where is it located?
- Our Investments Internships can be located at Wesley Place, Melbourne or Market Street, Sydney within our Investment Team.
- Our Superannuation Internships will be located at Wesley Place, Melbourne.
When do you need to apply?
- We have an open application and accept expressions of interest throughout the year.
- Interns will be shortlisted and interviewed in November/December.
- Interns will be hosted in January or February.
How do you apply?
Investments Internship Program
The Cbus Investments Internship will provide interns with challenging projects and tasks whilst providing broad exposure to Cbus as a business.
The Cbus Investments Internship will support interns in developing industry networks and relationships in addition to close supervision and mentoring. Working within a large innovative and inclusive Investments team will provide a variety of development opportunities and valuable insight into investment management and the superannuation industry.
The Cbus Investments Internship runs for a month in January/February and includes work placements, exposure to leaders, meetings with the CIO, site visits and a week-long group project.
Superannuation Fund Internships
We’re looking for driven, insightful individuals to join our Fund as Superannuation Interns.
The successful interns will have the opportunity to gain exposure and experience across a range of our superannuation business units.
We want to make sure you intern in the business area that will get the best out of you, so when applying, please take the time to consider which team would be the best fit for you:
- People, Technology & Enablement
- Finance, Performance & Governance
- Brand, Advocacy & Product
- Member & Employer Experience
- Strategy & Growth
Working alongside our outstanding and accomplished teams, you will gain a valuable insight into the superannuation industry and a member-first superfund.